Visiting the Cornell Abroad website is an important first step toward embarking on an unforgettable, culturally and academically enriching adventure.
Cornell offers a wide array of opportunities to make meaningful international experience a part of your Cornell education. You may choose to study abroad to enroll at a world-renowned university, improve language skills, conduct fieldwork or research, engage in service learning, or participate in an internship. Whatever you choose, Cornell Abroad can assist you every step of the way from the moment you begin your application, throughout your term abroad, and even after you return to Cornell.
What are your options?
- Consider a “Cornell – In” program : Advanced language and specialized programs for Cornell students.
- Browse our full list of over 350 approved programs (search by country or region or interest).
- Explore program options organized by Region/Country or by Subject Area that is in line with your academic or professional interests!
- Speak with returned students about their abroad experiences! Returned Student Contact List is an extremely valuable tool to use as you consider your options.
How can you learn more about our programs?
Talk to a Cornell Abroad advisor!
Walk-in hours are available Monday through Friday from 1:00 to 2:00 PM** for general questions and guidance. For example:
- You’re not sure how to get started.
- You’ve met with us before but have some additional questions.
Individual Advising appointments are preferred for students who have in-depth questions that require more time, such as comparing programs or gaining deeper knowledge of one particular program.
Who are the Cornell Abroad advisors?
|Dr. Kristen Grace
|France & French-speaking countries
Comparative multi-country programs
|Latin America and the Caribbean
East Asia -- China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Mongolia
Europe -- Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain
Financial Aid questions
How do you get started?
Brand new to the process?
- Our step-by-step application process is easy and is completed online via the Cornell Abroad website. Talk to a CU Abroad advisor if you need help choosing a program.
- Find your program and start your application.
- Log in with your NetID to access your file and continue your progress.
Other questions to consider:
Does my college have special policies and procedures?
When should I start applying?
What are my study abroad goals?
Is there someone in my college who can help me with academic questions I have about study abroad?
How do finances for study abroad work? Can I use financial aid?
Are there scholarships for study abroad?